(1) packetLiner solution for enterprise network
As the enterprise network has expanded to support the various types of traffic and user, packetLiner classifies traffic types (e.g., web, file sharing, VoIP, Database, etc.) and enforces the appropriate policies with respect to a certain protocol and application. packetLiner traffic management solution enables to meet new business needs and manage enterprise’s complex network in cost-effective manner.
(2) Burst traffic management Burst traffic defines as large file downloads such as FTP, media streaming contents (e.g., wmv, swf, mov files) and graphic contents (e.g., jpg, gif files). This type of traffic has brought to biggest bandwidth consumption and lower internet speeds. packetLiner enforces the shaping to the burst traffic and enables to set a maximum constraint to limit the access to bandwidth. This control prioritizes the business critical applications (e.g., VoIP, SAP, ERP, etc.) and guarantees these applications’ QoS.
[ Policy setup of P2P service ]
[ Result of P2P service control ]
(3) Interactive traffic management Interactive traffic consists of short request and response such as SSL transactions, IM (Instant Messenger) and Telnet sessions. When the network processes large packets(e.g., FTP transfer), this type of traffic is susceptible to increased latency and jitter and it results in poor respond time and disconnection in the real time. packetLiner prioritizes this interactive traffic more than the traffic that is less dependent on real time response such e-mail.
DDoS Attack Prevention
(1) packetLiner solution for securing network As the network environments are developing, DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks by thousands of zombie PC have been a threat to enterprise’s assets and network operations. packetLiner offers the monitoring and reporting functionalities to detect and defend the network attacks in multi gigabit network environments.
(2) packetLiner protections against DDoS threats General DDoS attacks include SYN flood, UDP flood, ICMP smurf and IP fragmentation, etc. packetLiner supports to set up the user defined thresholds on the detection types (e.g., Ping flood, TCP flooding, TCP SYN/ACK Flooding, IMCP Smurf, etc.) to recognize as Minor, Major and Critical events by pre-defined PPS. In the case of exceeding the threshold, packetLiner detects it as DDoS attack and sends the alarm report to defend.
[ Summary-the phase of packetLiner DDoS attack prevention]
packetLiner supports to set up the volume based thresholds on IP ranges (a certain group of users) and services to recognize as Minor, Major and Critical events by pre-defined BPS. In the case a large amount of traffic over the threshold exceeds network, packetLiner detects it as DDoS attack and sends the alarm reports to defend.